Expat Tax

As an expat you are a person who resides in a different country to your permanent home or country of domicile. We offer expat tax advice to you where you have any form of international or cross-border tax issues; you can either be a British national residing overseas, or a foreign national residing in the UK. Below are some of the ways we can assist you in respect of UK tax.

Self Assessment Tax Returns

We can assist you with your UK tax compliance obligations, which mostly involves the preparation and submission of Self Assessment tax returns, but also includes the preparation and submission of tax repayment claims, tax elections, Non-Resident CGT returns and much more.

Expat Tax Advice

As a Chartered Tax Adviser practice, we pride ourselves on providing expat tax advice to help you maximise your tax efficiency. We can advise on a wide range of expat tax planning opportunities, including:

  • Tax residence position

  • Domicile status and claiming the remittance basis

  • Double taxation relief and tax treaties

  • Savings and investments

  • Property tax

  • Capital gains tax

  • Inheritance tax

Non-UK Taxes

TN Accountancy only advises on UK taxes. If you need tax advice in another country, we have a number of overseas contacts and have access to an extensive network of tax specialists across the globe, and can refer you accordingly.

Tax Enquiries and Investigations

In the event of an enquiry or investigation by HMRC, we can deal directly with HMRC on your behalf to ensure the enquiry is dealt with in the most efficient manner, risks are minimised and additional tax liabilities & penalties are mitigated.

If we prepare a tax return for you, we offer an optional tax enquiry fee protection service, which for a modest annual fee covers our professional costs in dealing with an enquiry into your tax affairs.

Contact Us

For a free, no obligation consultation or a fee quote, please contact us